Love is indeed be done in moderation . Oh, my dear, I am so very sad for you to believe in that. That is truly a scarcity mindset of the most pitiable kind. If you do so you are indeed choosing to live as half a person in order to potentially mitigate future pain — and that just isn’t how that works. Choosing not to love too much won’t save you from a worse heartbreak down the road; it will only rob you of joy in the present!
And I’m sorry that you don’t believe in life force. It is none-the-less the foundation of all martial arts and is recognized around the world in a variety of healing and religious traditions.
- In Japan the energy is called Ki and it’s from this word that Reiki is named.
- The Taoists call life force energy Chi (Qi) and charted its movement through the body.
- Indian yoga adepts call it Prana and used it for charting the course of energy through the body.
- In the West, Dr. Wilhelm Reich discovered the same energy and called it Orgone energy.
- This energy or life force is known as “Mana” in Polynesia, “Ruach” in Hebrew and “Baraka” in Islamic Countries.
- Referred to as the Light or Holy Ghost by Christians.
- Bio-Plasmic Energy by Russian researchers.
Jealousy and resentment cannot be managed externally by adjusting the outside world (which by the way, is the ultimate victim mentality and abdication of your own power and responsibility). They are internal systems that can only be cleaned up by the person experiencing them taking it upon themselves to heal their own insecurities and wounds. This is a topic that I know a lot about, having worked on it extensively for myself and now as my profession where I help others to do the same. It comes out of rich traditions that I did not invent.
And just because one engages with a desire of any sort with passion does not mean one cannot also hold it lightly. Attatchment is one of the roots of pain, but one does not have to forgo a juicy, rich, passionate life in order to go forth with little or no attachment. I would encourage you to explore that possibility and see what it might provide for you.